Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday night! Christmas is almost here, and the excitement around my house is growing for tomorrow night when everyone gets to come together to celebrate this wonderful holiday. This experience for me is rather new, but nonetheless exciting just to be around everyone I care about. When thinking on Christmas I think on another story in the Bible that is always near to my heart when I hear it, or speak on it. When Christ would come into a village, or would give a sermon I've come to realize he was giving more than just words & cures. He was giving hope, clarity, love, but above all else himself. I wanna believe that Christ knew that just as important as healing that person, or giving direction on what we are to do in this life. He knew that by sitting down, eating, or just exchanging kind words was just as important. I too also believe this when thinking about leadership. This key trait that Christ had undoubtedly made it almost impossible to refuse discipleship. 

Today when I see most leaders in these positions I see almost a complete disconnect with the people that they are ultimately serving. To me it's as if you turned on a switch in these people that puts them a cut above the others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! (Philippians 2:5-8).When we look at Jesus we see that in every act he performed he did it humbly. Even when he payed the ultimate cost for all of mankind. Why do we feel we should not do the same? In order for good leaders to become lasting, and great leaders this is an art that must be truly mastered.

Give yourself to others as you start your new year. Make it a point to visit that family member you haven't seen in a while, or that friend you feel you should catch up with. Remember that even more than the gifts you give this year there is no substitute for your love, and you.

Merry Christmas!








No comments:

Post a Comment